(And I just can't wait until next Halloween, because I've got some new ideas that will really  make them scream!)

So it's no secret that Halloween is my favorite thing.
It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm incredibly dorky and Halloween is an excuse to dress up in nerdy costumes and see other people dressed up in nerdy costumes.
... Nope, definitely not.
Since I live in a college town now and don't get trick-or-treaters, I make up for it by spending as much time on campus as possible on Halloween just people watching.  Every year I meet lots of awesome people, and this year was no exception.  Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera to campus, so that was lame. 
My favorite was definitely the guy dressed up as Patsy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  The costume was perfect, and he had the music from the show playing from a speaker on his pack, and he pretty much just went galloping around campus clapping his coconut halves together all day.  He actually followed me around for a bit so I galloped for him. :D
My original plan for this year was to be Madeline.  Like, this Madeline:

But because I'm lame I didn't get everything together in time.  I thought I was just gonna can it and use the fact that my hair is pretty much black now (oh by the way, my hair's pretty much black now. I don't really like it though, so I'm thinking I'll dye it back relatively soon) and my black lipstick (don't ask why I have black lipstick) and dress up like a goth kid from 2003 or something.  But that morning I had a stroke of inspiration and instead I decided to be Franny from Meet the Robinsons.


It turned out pretty good considered it was thrown together at the last minute.


Lemme tell ya though, my red pumps were KILLING me by the end of the day.
I also met several incarnations of the Doctor and a Weeping Angel who was AWESOME.  She kept sneaking up behind people and making scary faces and then covering her face when they turned around. She was brilliant.  Another favorite was a guy who was dressed up as Bob Ross and set up an easel in the middle of the courtyard and painted a picture and was completely in character the WHOLE TIME.  I could not stop grinning.
Halloween is also my favorite because I love carving pumpkins.  I went with a Doctor Who theme this year- the tenth Doctor, and what I think are the two scariest aliens on the show, the Weeping Angels and the Vashta Nerada.  If you know what they are then you know why they're scary, and if you don't then I'm not going to confuse the crap out of you by long-windedly trying to explain it here.  Because let's face it: it's pretty hard to explain Doctor Who without sounding like a crazy.

I will not lie to you my friends- I am very proud of these pumpkins.  I actually made the pattern for the Vashta Nerada victim (that's the skull astronaut for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about) myself.  Please, please, hold your applause.
I spent the evening with my friends Maren and Swensy being ridiculous together.  It was a grand ol' time.
I realized on Wednesday that I judge people a lot based on their enthusiasm for Halloween.  Like if you dress up for Halloween and have the guts to come to campus in your costume my opinion of you skyrockets about 8000%.  And people who say they don't really get into Halloween kind of instantly lose their appeal for me.
I mean, if you don't like Halloween, I can probably still like you.  Probably.  But I think it says a lot about a person and their willingness to just be silly and fun. Nothing makes me like a person more than unbridled enthusiasm for things.