I'm gonna start off this brand-spanking new blog with a rant: POLITICS.
Because I'm sure you all want to hear more about that.
But fear not, I'm not here to talk about my opinions on any particular people or parties or positions (oh good gracious that was a beautiful alliteration).  I'm going to talk about how much I loathe politics.
Like, the idea of politics is great.  The philosophy and all is fine.  But American politics has become so disgusting to me.  Basically I live in dread of presidential elections because it just turns people into hate-filled ignoramuses.
Now I acknowledge that this is not true of everyone.  But right now you're thinking, "Oh yeah, like me.  I am that exception."
No, you're not.
The worst is after every debate or when big events are going on, and everyone has to register their opinion on facebook (and the internet in general), and it generally consists of the supporters of each side/candidate tearing down the other side and talking about how their side was the clear winner of the debate or how the other person is so obviously an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about.
It just wears me out that we're so pressured to be divided into two types of people, and that people are so unwilling to really listen to what everyone involved is saying and instead just work to find ways to tear their "opponents" down.  It's negative and destructive and STRESSFUL.
Especially for people like me who don't really identify as a Republican or a Democrat, as Conservative or Liberal.  I just have opinions, and some of them happen to fit with certain parties and others don't.  This also makes, for me, even more evident everybody on facebook's tendency to ignore what's actually going on and just insist that the people they support are flawless and correct in every facet of their existence.

Okay well now that I've offended everybody I'll just leave you all to go about your business GOOD NIGHT.